Acute pancreatitis – Related resources
- In patients with acute pancreatitis, enteral nutrition appears to reduce mortality, multiple organ failure, systemic infections, and the need for operative interventions compared to total parenteral nutrition[Evidence Level: B].
Other evidence summaries
- A negative result of urine trypsinogen-2 dipstick test appears to rule out acute pancreatitis [Evidence Level: B].
- Frossard JL, Steer ML, Pastor CM. Acute pancreatitis. Lancet 2008 Jan 12;371(9607):143-52. [PMID:18191686]
- Mitchell RM, Byrne MF, Baillie J. Pancreatitis. Lancet 2003 Apr 26;361(9367):1447-55. [PMID:12727412]
- Beckingham IJ, Bornman PC. ABC of diseases of liver, pancreas, and biliary system. Acute pancreatitis. BMJ 2001 Mar 10;322(7286):595-8. [PMID:11238158]
- Lempinen M, Puolakkainen P, Kemppainen E. Clinical value of severity markers in acute pancreatitis. Scand J Surg 2005;94(2):118-23. [PMID:16111093]
Copyright © 2020 Duodecim Medical Publications Limited.
Evidence Central is an integrated web and mobile solution that helps clinicians quickly answer etiology, diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis questions using the latest evidence-based research. Complete Product Information.